Tuesday, December 20, 2011

New York

A business class upgrade to LA was a great start to this holiday and a welcome turn around in my fortunes immediately preceding the flight: a storm which gave me a lot of extra wood cutting (which awaits me when I return), Andrew's accident and then being hit by a kangaroo when driving home from Julia and John's.

The A380 is a very comfortable plane and business class is so good: horizontal seats so you can lie flat to sleep, real cutlery and real food. And space!

I also managed to get through LA airport quickly, so different from my previous experiences.

December 16 was also my wedding anniversary and that occupied my mind for some of the flight. Not all bad thinking. There will always be regrets about not having more time together.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ian,

    Very pleased to hear you scored a Business Class upgrade - you deserved this after all the hassles prior to leaving - hope you slept well!

    Kate x

    ReplyDelete