Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Laphroaig


Well, here I am at the home of my favourite single malt. I am with a group of people I started chatting to on the ferry. This is Mark, Amy, Cat and James is taking the photo. We enjoyed each other's company.
We are holding up our rent. A small bottle of quarter cask. This is our due as Friends of Laphroaig.
The tour of the distillery was great. Everyone seemed to have a quiet pride in the place and the product. I now have a better knowledge of the process for making the whisky. And I was careful at the tasting given that I was the designated driver.

2 comments:

  1. You idiot! You travel half way around the world to visit Laphroaig and you let yourself be the designated driver. What were you thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Given that I am driving myself, I don't really have an alternative. James was their designated driver.

    ReplyDelete