Monday, October 25, 2010

To Islay

I left Edinburgh at 6.30am which was a wise move. There was hardly any traffic on the motorway between there and Glasgow. It was cold and dark and there was a severe frost. Just before Glasgow it dropped to minus 5 degrees. It started to become light just before Loch Lomond.

It's difficult to describe how beautiful Scotland can be but the photos will do it better than me. I kept on going for superlatives in France but here just look for yourself. Loch Lomond was impressive. And it kept on getting better.



Early morning light at Loch Fyne.












This might just be the best landscape photograph that I have taken.
It is at Inveraray. This is a beautiful village, lots of white cottages and a mist that just hung over the water as the sun was rising.
The Duke of Argyll livves here.






This is a ferry similar to the one that took me to Islay from Kennacraig.
No chance of sea sickness on this voyage.

1 comment:

  1. Time to submit some of your photographs into some competitions I think!
    Look out Maryborough - Here comes Ian!

    ReplyDelete